Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Date Night....Friday Evening with a 'Walk-Around" Lens

What we do early Friday evening after work many times sets the stage for the rest of the weekend.     

Sunset Stroll by ©Sheen's Nature Photography
My photography passion centers on birds, flowers and nature.  Typically, my gear includes two cameras, a long lens, macro lens and tripod.  

Not really conducive for a relaxing neighborhood stroll.

Recently, I added a Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens to my arsenal for my Nikon 600 (full frame).   Along with the lens was an internal commitment to be intentional about walking around to find different inspiration.  

Early Friday evenings are now date night walks with my camera and walk-around lens (husband included!). 

The outcome, while still in nature, has been new perspectives.  These came from using a 50mm eye versus my telephoto or macro mindset.

Take a stroll, enjoy the sites along the journey.  And, if a creative moment emerges, snap away!

Happy Shooting!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment