Friday, May 5, 2017

So Ugly I'm Cute: Eyes Peeled/Cameras Ready!

Birds when first hatched don't rival their parents in the looks department.  With a lot of textured skin, sparse down they are interesting to watch and still adorable photograph.

A few weeks ago, I travelled to Edisto Island, South Carolina.  It was near the state park where I saw an adult Great Horned Owl take flight to search for food during the day.  I noticed a small movement which turned out to be a very young owlet.  (I named him Einstein, pretty original!)
"Einstein" by  Sheen Watkins

Great horned owls though, even in their earliest stages have that look of intellect that has given them their well earned name of "Wise Owl."

Austin, Texas - A Wise One by Sheen Watkins

As we are in the heart of migration and nesting season...keep your eyes peeled and your cameras ready.  Birding is going to be at it's best this time of the year and over the next few weeks.

Happy Shooting!
Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment