Saturday, April 6, 2019

Finding Your Inner Artist - What You Discover May be Greater than You Imagined

Home Office by Sheen Watkins
What do you remember about the long, two hour meeting you sat through a year ago?  

You know the one. 

There was death by Powerpoint.  There was a lot of multi-syllable corporate speak followed by scurrying to update action items and craft emails.  

Truthfully, we probably don't remember much about that meeting unless something crazy-cool or unique happened (or we took a lot of notes!). 


Lunch with my Co-worker by Sheen Watkins
I bet that you do remember attending your kid's events where you celebrated or wiped away tears afterwards.  

You probably also remember the days where you intentionally took the time to do the physical activities that you love.  You may also readily recall where you spent time engaged in something that spurred your creative mind and spirit.

How did you feel after investing time in you, your family or your personal creative endeavors outside of work?

Before photography, other than having a deep appreciation for birds, color and nature, I never considered myself an artist.  I can't draw, paint, carve, sing (publicly) or effectively do other creative activities that rely on eye-hand/creative coordination. 

Who knew that when I put a camera in my hands for the first time that a creative fire would be ignited?  I surely didn't. 

Coffee Break by Sheen Watkins
Something else also happened as a result of finding my inner artist.  

Contentment.  
Higher energy. 
Confidence.  

A creative and more human perspective surfaced in other areas of my life - work, people, business, relationships.   

My writing returned. My work and personal life converged differently.  I felt more human, more creative, while being disciplined to grow personally and professionally.  I had more to give.

Some say this is balance.  Since I'm not a psychologist, I can't confirm.  What I do know is that when I found my inner artist, my total life was better.  

Home ~ Work ~  Relationships ~  Energy ~ Karma ~ How I felt about me

With work, family, commitments and hectic schedules, time too easily slips away.  So if you love to cook, doodle, photograph, paint, dance or any other creative element - go for it and ramp it up.  

You (and those around you) won't regret getting to know the total you that evolves. 

Happy Shooting, Sheen
Happy Hour by Sheen Watkins







3 comments:

  1. Great message! You definitely know when you've crossed that threshold. It makes me feel so good about myself. I also enjoy having one of the greatest followers, your dad. Great writing Sheen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce - just now seeing this. My dad is coming up soon - he absolutely enjoys connecting with you and your work! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information with us. I really appreciate everything that you’ve done here and am glad to know about your thoughts. It was really insightful. Thanks for such a nice content.

    Best regards
    Annie
    Photographer at clipping path service

    ReplyDelete